We’ve been wanting to send out an update for a while, but have struggled to make time amongst all the springyness. Here is a quick & dirty composty list of recent highlights and upcoming awesomeness:
- We were recently awarded 2 grants from the Presbyterian Mission Agency and United Way Spokane!
- Watch our presentation (about 8 min. starting at 1:42:32) to the City Council about the new bicycle-powered food delivery and community composting program.
- Little Free Pantries continue to spread. Check out this recent news article, get in touch if you’d like to help, & check out this map.
- Gigs4Good would like to help you support us by hiring them to do home improvement projects.
- Grab a free yard of compost to grow food to share. We got 2 loads of 50 yards delivered to: The Abbey at 1832 W. Dean & New Vision at 3307 W Rowan. A third is planned for The North YMCA within a week!
- We’re making GN t-shirts with used shirts. Would you like to bring one to be printed for yourself or donate one for someone else?
- Planting parties each Tu and Th from 3:30-5:30 at our Hub Farmyard at 5508 N. Alberta. Have your own garden? Let us help you plan a weekly planting party!
- Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop this Tu, 4/6 at 3:30!
- Seeds, starts, soil, oh my! We have what you need to get a new garden going!
- School gardens are growing! Some existing projects you can dive in on include Garfield, Salk, Ridgeview, SIA, and more.
- The Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market starts Fridays in June! Want to volunteer?
- Weekly, free Outdoor Community Dinners start 4/13 at 5:30. Enjoy a meal, take it to-go, or gather neighbors for a meal in your hood.
- Easter Egg Hunt (socially distant style) this weekend! Decorate, hunt, or both! Check out the attachment, our map, and the bearded bunny video 🙂
- Looking for an Easter Sunday worship service? You are welcome to join Shadle Church in person or online at 11 a.m.
- Master Gardener Plant Sale online ordering starts 4/24. Great plants, great cause!
- Find these great events, training ops, & more on our calendar.
Thanks for your wonderful support and partnership. As always, we’d love your help growing and sharing healthy food and relationships by donating here. Also, ask us how to adopt a row, physically or financially!
Johnny and your Growing Neighbors Family 🙂